We held our biggest and bubbliest mass fundraising event in our 35 year history, with over 1,300 people getting involved in the Bubble Rush 5k at Cheshunt Park. Runners and walkers of all abilities took part in the 5k event and ran headlong into colour bubbles, jetted out of bubble cannons at each of the five bubble stations.
Thank you to CineCloud for capturing this fantastic footage for us!
Take a look at the photos:
(Not suitable for viewing on mobile)
Sharon Kaplan is selling souvenir photos so you have a memento of the day, with 50% of the profits going to Isabel Hospice. Please email her to get yours.
* 9x6 Colour photo in frame mount - £10
*12x8 Colour photo in frame mount - £15
Beth Hardy, Mass Events Manager for Isabel Hospice said “This fun and frothy 5k is our biggest ever fundraiser. It was unique to eastern Hertfordshire and I think that is why so many people signed up to take part. We had adults and children enjoying the fun and I think the adults enjoyed it as much as the kids. Our target is £50,000 to raise from this one event, and that would cover the cost of our Hospice at Home team for 10 weeks, caring for people in their own homes with our specialist teams.
“We couldn’t have done it without the wonderful support of all our runners and walkers. They were just brilliant, and really made the day the success it was. We have a long list of thank yous, to which without them, we woudn't have been able to run such a great event:
- Thank you to Broxbourne Council and Cheshunt Golf Centre for allowing us to host the event at Cheshunt Park and for being great supporters. I would also like to thank Cheshunt Fire Station and Thames Water for supplying the water for our Bubbles!
- Thank you to our sponsors: Connect Scaffolding, Mowers Food Service, PayPoint, Volker Wessels, Wilkins Kennedy, DW Windsor, Cariad Marketing
- Thank you to AMP air for kindly sponsoring our t-shirts
- Thank you to Austins Funeral Directors for donating bottles of water
- Thank you to all of the amazing volunteers who have given up their time to help at the event
- Thank you to Daniel Whytock and Mickey Gocool our hosts, Lindsey Peters, Lauren Cromer facepainting, Cheshunt Radio, Elite Body Care and Give your town the run around for giving up their time today to help
- Thank you to Cereal Partners, Tesco Shire Park, Fine Confectionary, Tesco Cheshunt, Simmons Bakeries, Waitrose Welwyn Garden City, Morrisons Welwyn Garden City, Morrisons Hoddesdon for their kind donations
- Thank you to all of the local companies who have donated raffle prizes, including: Cheshunt Marriott, Paradise Wildlife Park, Hertford House Hotel
- Thank you to Sharon Kaplan Photography and Cayla, Mandy Davies Photography, Tom Hoey Photography and Peter Bussey, for being our official photographers
- Thank you to Cinecloud for being our aerial videographer
- Thank you to St. Johns Ambulance for providing first aid cover
- Thank you to Pukka Tukka, Cain Bentley, Steve's ices for their support