Clinical Nurse Specialist
Permanent Full Time
£29,000 to £35,000 per annum
Based Welwyn Garden City, Herts with travel throughout the community
28 Nov, 2017
We have a vacancy for a Clinical Nurse Specialist to join our Community Team to coordinate 24/7 care for those living with a life limiting illness.
- Provide advice to patients and their families in relation to their illness.
- Assess and manage symptom control in conjunction with the GP with support from the multi disciplinary team to reduce physical, social, psychological and spiritual distress.
- Provide, implement and evaluate individualised end of life care, acting as patient advocate and actively participating in multi professional meetings.
- Work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals including on going education and support.
- Participate in the Community Team Weekend Rota and Duty CNS rota.
To apply you will need to be a Level One registered nurse with a minimum of three years post registration experience, preferably with experience in the community. Palliative care/oncology experience and experience of working with imminently dying patients is essential. You should be able to work autonomously and manage a caseload. You will also need excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to build effective working relationships. A teaching/mentoring qualification and experience would be preferred. For full details regarding the role and person specification, please review the job description.
Car driver and access to your own vehicle essential.
To apply, please download the application form, DBS and equal opportunities monitoring form and return to Jane Slater, HR Advisor, 61 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts AL7 1JR or by email to Jane Slater. For further information, or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Jane Slater by email or on 01707 382584.
Closing Date for Applications 28th November 2017