Event Fundraising Apprentice
Full time for the duration of the apprenticeship
Above the National Apprenticeship Wage
Head Office, Welwyn Garden City
27 Sep, 2017
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Event Fundraising Apprentice to join our successful fundraising team. (Qualification to be gained at the end of the Apprenticeship will be OCR Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration).
You will be playing a key role in supporting our event managers deliver successful fundraising events including our annual fun runs, sponsored walks, concerts, marathons and other extreme/challenge events. The role will also involve supporting individual and group fundraisers who are organising their own events in aid of the hospice so this role will involve organisation, administration and customer service.
This position is ideal for someone who is looking to get their foot on the ladder and further their career in the charity, events, marketing and hospitality industries.
This role will involve working with a team of four qualified fundraisers who will provide training and advice while you work so this is perfect opportunity to get some great experience whilst working in a fun fast paced office where no day is the same.
The fundraising team need to raise £2.6 million in vital funds each year and events play a key part in raising these much needed funds so this is a fantastic opportunity for you to be a part of this work which will help us provide vital end of life care to local patients and their families.
Desirable skills required:
- Computer literate, including knowledge of excel, word and outlook. Database/CRM knowledge is desirable but we will provide training on how to use our donor database
- A basic understanding of the charity sector, fundraising industry and charity events
- An understanding of social media and general marketing
- A good standard of English and Maths
Personal qualities required:
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to provide excellent customer service
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to be adaptable, work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
To apply for this role please complete the application documents and email to Karen Brown by 5pm on 12th September 2017..