At Isabel Hospice we know that facing the new year can be difficult for our bereaved families and also for those who are caring or visiting someone special to them that is unwell.
We have thought of some tips to help you manage this period.
- Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Do what you can manage and don’t feel that you’ve got to stick to a plan.
- If you feel that you need time to yourself, make that time.
- Spend time with your family and share special memories, acknowledge how you’re feeling.
- If you have children or young people around doing an activity can help young people talk about what’s going on for them.
- Do something completely different if that helps, make new memories.
- Be with friends or family that will understand and accept you, however you might be feeling on the day.
- Watch a favourite film, or listen to some music.
- Go for a walk and get some fresh air if things are getting difficult.
www.samaritans.org 116 123 (freephone, open 24 hours a day)
www.tcf.org.uk/content/helpline The Compassionate Friends 0345 123 2304 (open every day 10.00 – 4.00pm, 7.00pm – 10.00pm, see website for charges)
www.hopeagain.org.uk and for our young people there is Hope Again the Youth Website part of Cruse Bereavement Care