A new and exciting opportunity has come up to join the Isabel Hospice fundraising team as a community fundraiser focusing on generating income and raising the profile of the charity in the Bishop's Stortford catchment area.
The post holder will work as part of the community and events team and will focus on building relationships with individuals, groups, associations and companies in Bishops Stortford and the surrounding areas.
A key element of the role will be to recruit, support, develop and inspire volunteers and fundraising groups to grow income while promoting ongoing hospice events and fundraising campaigns to support colleagues in the community and events team. The post holder will be given the opportunity to create and develop new fundraising events and campaigns to raise income.
The community fundraiser will also have an ambassadorial role and will be expected to attend and support community events within the local area to promote fundraising opportunities and wider hospice initiatives.
This role will involve working alongside a supportive and growing fundraising team so this is perfect opportunity to work in a fun, compassionate and fast paced environment where no day is the same.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Proven fundraising experience (marketing experience and fundraising qualifications are advantageous)
- Event Management experience
- Experience in meeting targets, working to deadlines and prioritising workloads
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Can-do and professional attitude
- The ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to work alongside and delegate work to volunteers
- Knowledge of the local area and how the community operates
- Excellent digital, social media, and computer literacy skills
- Car driver essential
This role is home based with occasional days at our Head Office in Welwyn Garden City.
To view the job description and apply for the position, please complete the application documents and return by email to Karen Brown.
OR by post to Karen Brown, HR advisor, Isabel Hospice, 61 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL7 1JR