Area Manager - Shops
Permanent, Full Time, 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
£25,000 - £30,000 depending upon experience
Covering Eastern Hertfordshire and Broxbourne areas - Base location Head Office Welwyn Garden City
12 Jun, 2017
We have a vacancy for an Area Manager to join Isabel Hospice’s Trading Company based at Head Office. You will be responsible for driving shop performance and delivering high quality, cost effective income generation, maximising shop profits through the delivery of the retail strategy.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Leading and managing shop staff and volunteers effectively – ensuring effective communication to staff and volunteers at all times
- Providing support and training to staff and volunteers to ensure consistently high quality customer service is provided
- Ensuring that day to day shop operational issues are managed effectively
- Participating in the recruitment of staff and volunteers as required
- You will also need to be able to manage and deliver change and deliver projects as required
To apply you should have previous retail and customer service experience gained in a variety of environments including managing a team across a wide geographical area. An understanding and familiarity of charity shops is also required. You should be able to demonstrate clear organisational and problem solving skills and the ability to manage change within the workplace. Previous people management experience is also required. Must be fully flexible with their working hours, be prepared to travel and be a driver/car owner.
To view the job description and apply for the position, please complete the applications documents and email to: Karen Brown
OR return by post to Karen Brown, HR Advisor, Isabel Hospice, 61 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL7 1JR