Before registering for this event, entrants must be in good health to participate.
Riders who have pre-existing medical conditions or concerns about their health should seek medical advice before submitting their registration. Isabel Hospice and sponsors of On Your Bike cannot be help liable for personal injury, loss or damage caused or sustained during the participation of the event.
Routes are carefully planned and marshaled and whilst Isabel Hospice has taken all reasonable precautions to eliminate the risk of injury, as with any activity it carries minimal risk and all riders must be aware that they take part at their own risk.
All riders must ensure that their bicycles are in roadworthy condition and they must observe the roles of the Highway Code.
- I understand that my parent/guardian has reviewed the Terms and Conditions and consented to its terms if the participant is under 16 years old.
- I understand that participating in events can often involve hazardous activity and I take full responsibility of my actions & decisions.
- I agree not to participate in events unless I am medically and physically able, which I am solely responsible to determine.
- I agree to abide by any decision made by the Isabel Hospice event manager relative to my ability to safely participate in the event, which decision is at the sole discretion of the manager and I agree lack of a decision does not create any liability whatsoever.
- I assume all risks associated with taking part, including, but not limited to, slips, falls, trips, contact with volunteers, contact with other participants, negligent or wanton acts of other participants, any defects or condition of the premises and equipment, the effects of the weather including high heat, cold temperatures, storms and/or humidity. All such risks being known assumed and appreciated by me.
- I shall try my hardest to avoid contact with anyone, including volunteers, staff & other runners.
- I acknowledge that aggressive behaviour, physical & verbal, will not be tolerated at the event
- I agree that Isabel Hospice, sponsors and affiliated groups are not responsible for any personal items or property that are lost or stolen, stained or damaged during the event.
- I consent to emergency medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to me as medical professionals may deem appropriate. This assumption and release extends to any liability arising out of, or in any way connected with, the medical treatment and transportation provided in an emergency.
- I understand that all event applications are final with no refunds if I change my mind or fail to turn up.
- The event organisers reserve the right in any event, emergency or local or national disaster to cancel the event. In the event of cancellation by the organisers, everyone will receive a full refund.
- Participants and guests are expected to exhibit appropriate behaviour at all times, including obeying all the rules & laws. This includes respect for all people, equipment and facilities and cooperative, positive participation. We may dismiss, without refund, anyone whose behaviour endangers safety or negatively affects the event, a person, a facility or property of any kind.
- I agree to indemnify Isabel Hospice, its affiliates and assigns, from any and all third party claims caused in whole or part by my actions.
- Ticket holders and event participants consent to the photographer, filming and or other sound recording of themselves, which Isabel Hospice reserves the right to use for marketing purposes.
All participants Waiver & Release of all claims and assumption of risk
I recognize and acknowledge that there are certain risks of physical injury to participants and I voluntarily and knowingly agree to assume the full risk of any and all injuries, damages or loss, regardless of severity, that I may sustain of said participation. I further agree to waive and relinquish all claims I may have (or which may accrue to me) as a result of participating in these activities against Isabel Hospice, including its employees, the event officials, agents, volunteers, sponsors, and the owners of the land. I agree that I am solely responsible for determining if I am physically fit and/or skilled for the race or activities contemplated by this assumption and release. It is always advisable, especially if the participant is pregnant or disabled in a way or recently suffered an illness, injury or impairment, to consult a physician before undertaking any physical activity. I, for myself and my heirs, do hereby fully release and forever discharge the administrators from any and all claims for injuries, including death or incapacity, illnesses, damages, expenses or loss that I may suffer arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with the event, or associated with transportation to and from the event. I have read and fully understand the above important information, warning of risk, assumption of risk and waiver and release of all claims.
PARTICIPATION WILL BE DENIED if I have not read and agreed to the above.
After signing up to this event, Isabel Hospice may, from time to time, send you communications in the form of email, letter or phone call or text message to:
- confirm event information
- give fundraising guidance
- provide you with fundraising tools
- make you aware of any changes to event
- inform you about any cancellations
By signing up to this event you are giving your permission to receive these type of communications. This permission is separate to our more general data opt in permissions. Full details of our privacy notice can be found at www.isabelhospice.org.uk/privacy