Isabel Hospice Privacy Notice for clinical service users
What information do we collect about you?
To ensure that we can provide the most effective care, we record important information about you that may include your medical history, the types of medication you take, any allergies you have and demographic information like your home address and next of kin.
How do we store and use the information we collect about you?
Your information is collected stored and protected in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988 and EU General Data Protection Regulation.
We store your information on a clinical computer system which is used by doctors, nurses and their teams. It is designed to allow for safe and secure information sharing between health and social care organisations for use in direct patient care. This is so that health and social care professionals can ensure a coordinated care response.
As the service user, you have complete control over whether your carers at one organisation can see details of the care you have received at other organisations. At the first contact, you will be asked to consent to the sharing of your information with other healthcare organisations. You may dissent to information being shared and even if you give permission on one occasion, you can change this at any time.
If there is a complaint about the care you have received whilst in our care, we may use the records to confirm the care provided.
We also use your information on an anonymous basis to audit our practice and in analyses of hospice activity to produce reports about the hospice. Anonymised patient data are sent to Hospice UK for analysis to support development of a national data set for hospice care.
Isabel Hospice will not use or share your information for marketing purposes.
How long do we retain your information?
Personal data shall not be kept for longer than is necessary and we will:
- review the length of time we keep personal data;
- consider the purpose or purposes we hold information for in deciding whether (and for how long) to retain it;
- securely delete information that is no longer needed for this purpose or these purposes; and
- update, archive or securely delete information if it goes out of date.
Access to your information and corrections to it
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact the Isabel Hospice Data Protection Officer:
- by e-mail to the ICO recommends that questions/emails to the DPO are kept confidentialthe ICO recommends that questions/emails to the DPO are kept confidentialor in writing toIsabel Hospice, 61 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL7 1JR.
In accordance with General Data Protection Regulations, we will provide this information free of charge and within one month of the request date.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us at any time to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate.
How to contact us
- by e-mail to email@example.com
- ·or in writing toIsabel Hospice, 61 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL7 1JR.
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep our general privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on our website at the link below:
General Privacy Notice
For further information about our clinical computer system, please access the following document