We rely on the generosity of people like you, your help is invaluable to us. Without amazing people like you, we couldn’t be there for so many families through their toughest time and support them when a loved one is dealing with a terminal diagnosis.
Whether you’re part of a Community Group, a School or University or you're interested in setting up a Fundraising Group there are a variety of ways to support us. You can also find out more about our upcoming Community Initiatives below.
Bin the Booze!
Don’t miss out on your chance to become a Hospice Hero and take on the ultimate test of willpower. Take a break from the booze, be alcohol free for one month and raise money for your local Hospice.
By not having your 5 BEERS or WINES on a Friday night over the month, you could save A SHOCKING £69, donate this amount and help us to carry on providing our specialist care to our patients.
BUT it doesn't cost a penny to sign up, how do I raise money?!
· Donate your saved beer or wine money – we are sure it will soon add up…
· Ask your friends and family to sponsor you in your challenge, allow them to wind you up on the odd occasion
· Be a designated driver and ask for a donation
· Get creative and hold a mini fundraiser to boost your fundraising, an office sweepstake, a coffee and cake morning
· Raise sponsorship and Set up your Just Giving Page
· Download your sponsorship form
Don’t worry we will send weekly motivation blogs, to keep you on track and oh, don't forget the health benefits of going dry too! We can’t wait to hear from you! Contact Community Fundraiser, Laura Pigott by email for more information or to sign up.
£50 Schools seed money challenge
Take part in the Isabel Hospice £50 Schools Challenge, and harness those budding entrepreneurial skills whilst supporting your local hospice!
If we give your school £50 and four months…how much can you give us back? This year we are looking for schools across Eastern Hertfordshire take part in our £50 Schools Challenge and see how much you can raise for Isabel Hospice.
It’s simple – we’ll give your school £50 and you have four months to turn it into even more! Come up with your own fundraising ideas and organise activities to grow your money and help us to continue caring for the families who depend on us.
This is a great opportunity for students to develop vital business skills, and is a fantastic addition to CV’s and university applications. Our Community Fundraiser would love to chat to you! Contact Laura by calling 01707 38253 or email.
Frock Swap and Shop!
Have you got a wardrobe full of clothes and accessories you don't wear?
This is your chance to get a new wardrobe by swapping unwanted clothes and support your local hospice too. Hold the event at your home, village hall and school hall! It’s easy to arrange and not only does it give you the warm fuzzy fundraising feeling, but you look great too!
1. Set your entry price
2. Plan the entry ticket price – we suggest between £5 - £10
3. Tell your friends to bring their unwanted clothes and accessories
4. Set a maximum of swaps per person (2-3), if anyone runs out of swaps, then they can buy additional swapping tokens, at £1 each.
5. Make sure you have a clear set of rules about clothes donation – things need to be clean and in a nice condition.
6. Give everyone the opportunity to bring in their clothes and have a browse
7. At the end of the evening bag up any unwanted clothes and either jumble them off at cut price or donate them all to our very grateful charity shops!
8. Boost your funds and hold a raffle on the night!
If you'd like more advice please call us on 01707 382500.