Donating your items
Thank you for taking the time to see how you can donate your items to Isabel Hospice.
- Take them to any of our shops during opening hours
- Take them to our Welcome Centre at 61 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1JR (Monday - Friday, 9.00am- 4.45pm or Saturday 11am - 4pm)
Retail Gift Aid
Make your donations worth 25% more to Isabel Hospice!
Every donation you make to us could be worth more at no extra cost to you. If you are a UK tax payer and you say ‘Yes’ to Gift Aid, we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 raised from your donated items, under the Government’s Gift Aid scheme. Just sign up below.
Sign up to Gift Aid your donations
We would welcome the following donated items:
- Clean clothes in any condition (even with missing buttons and broken zips as we still are able to make money from these items)
- Belts, bags and clothing accessories
Books, CDs, records, DVDs
- Sheets, curtains and other large cloth items
- Toys & games
- Antiques and collectibles
- Some furniture (for collection or as a donation to our Head Office) - see below
- Many household items (but excluding the items listed below)
- Furniture & Electrical (for our Hoddesdon F&E shop) - we collect your furniture for FREE, call 0808 16 99 760
Did you know?
We also accept donations of scrap metal.
Items we do not accept as donations
There are many things we can accept to sell. However, there are some items unfortunately which we are either not able to accept or we cannot make money from. This includes:
- Furniture without fire labels (e.g. sofas, armchairs, beds, table sets, and wardrobes)
- White goods
- Flat pack or disassembled furniture
- Sharp knives
- Child car seats
- Used duvets or pillows
- Heavy curtains
- Wire or plastic hangers
- Toys without "CE Mark"
- Large garden toys
- Gas bottles/camping stoves/petrol lamps
- Oil heaters
- Food and drink
- Cat litter
If you have large items to donate, please give our team a call on 01707 382500 to check if we will be able to accept them.