TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF AGENCY AGREEMENT
for claiming Gift Aid on the sale of goods
On signing the Isabel Hospice Gift Aid Declaration and Agency Agreement Form (‘the Form’) and presenting it to Isabel Hospice Trading, you are confirming that:
1. You are appointing Isabel Hospice Trading Limited (Isabel Hospice Trading) to act as your agent in attempting to sell or dispose of the goods you have made available for sale. You own the goods and obtained them in a legal manner and are not selling on behalf of someone else or as a business.
2. You want to Gift Aid your current donation and any donations you may make in the future or have made in the past 4 years to Isabel Hospice.
3. You are a UK taxpayer and understand that if you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount claimed from the sale of your goods by charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs in a tax year it is your responsibility to pay any difference. Taxes such as VAT and council tax do not qualify.
4. Under this agreement you have consented to funds up to £1000 being donated to Isabel Hospice. Where the Net Proceeds from the sale of your goods are less than £1000 Isabel Hospice Trading will send you a letter after the end of each tax year.
5. Where the Net Proceeds from the sale of your goods exceed £1000 we will notify you after the end of that tax year. You will have 21 calendar days from the date of notification to respond to us if you choose to retain part or all of the Net Proceeds that exceed the £1000 threshold. If Isabel Hospice Trading does not receive a written response, we will assume that you consent to donate the excess Net Proceeds to Isabel Hospice Trading. If you request part or all the Net Proceeds that exceed the £1000 threshold Isabel Hospice Trading will make a payment to you within 28 days.
6. Isabel Hospice will sell your goods at any price it considers appropriate. If any of the goods are unsuitable for sale or have not been sold within a reasonable period you agree that Isabel Hospice Trading will take ownership of these goods and recycle or otherwise dispose of them as it sees fit and retain any proceeds without notifying you.
7. Subject to you being a UK taxpayer, Isabel Hospice will reclaim the standard rate of tax on every £1 of the total Net Proceeds generated from the sale of your goods. The amount of Gift Aid claimed will be subject to any change in legislation. If you pay income tax at the higher rate, it is possible for you to include your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return, or otherwise notify HMRC, if you wish to receive the additional tax relief due to you.
8. Where goods are sold, a commission of 1% of the sale price plus VAT will be charged by Isabel Hospice Trading to cover the costs of administering the Gift Aid scheme.
9. The Agency Agreement may be terminated in writing by Isabel Hospice Trading or you at any time. If you wish to terminate the Agency Agreement please write to Isabel Hospice Trading Head Office.
10. The terms of this agreement may vary from time to time. Copies of the most recent Information will always be available on request at your local Isabel Hospice shop and can be viewed on our website
11. Isabel Hospice Trading is a wholly owned subsidiary of Isabel Hospice and pays its taxable profits to Isabel Hospice (to the maximum amount permissible). From time to time Isabel Hospice Trading will review its commission rate but Isabel Hospice Trading will only be required to formally notify you of any change where there is an increase in that rate.
12. If your tax status, name, email or postal address changes, please advise our Head Office.
Isabel Hospice Trading Ltd Terms & Conditions of Agency Agreement, April 2018
Isabel Hospice comprises of Isabel Hospice Ltd
(charity no. 1046826, company no. 3056823 – England and Wales)
and Isabel Hospice Trading Ltd (company no. 2417607 – England and Wales).
Registered address: 61 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL7 1JR.
Isabel Hospice and Isabel Hospice Trading collects personal information when you register for Retail Gift Aid. We will use this information to maintain our Retail Gift Aid records. Isabel Hospice Trading will not share your information for marketing purposes with any external companies.
For more information about the way we use your information, please see our privacy notice.
If you need to contact us at any time, you can do so using the methods below:
Mail: Isabel Hospice Trading Limited,
Retail Gift Aid, 61 Bridge Road East,
Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL7 1JR
Phone: 01707 382595