Donating your items
Thank you for taking the time to see how you can donate your items to Isabel Hospice.
- Take them to any of our shops during opening hours
- Take them to our Head Office at 61 Bridge Road East, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1JR (Monday - Friday, 9.00am- 4.45pm)
Retail Gift Aid
Did you know, every donation you make to us could be worth more at no extra cost to you. If you are a UK tax payer and you say ‘Yes’ to Gift Aid
we can claim 25p for every £1 raised by selling the items you give to us under the Government’s Gift Aid scheme.
We would welcome the following donated items:
- Clothes in any condition (even with missing buttons and broken zips as we still are able to make money from these items)
- Belts, bags and clothing accessories
Books, CDs, records, DVDs
- Sheets, curtains and other large cloth items
- Toys & games
- Antiques and collectibles
- Some furniture (for collection or as a donation to our Head Office) - see below
- Many household items (but excluding the items listed below)
Did you know?
We also accept donations of scrap metal.
Items we do not accept as donations
There are many things we can accept to sell. However, there are some items unfortunately which we are either not able to accept or we cannot make money from. This includes:
- Most sofas, armchairs and recliner chairs - please ask for details
- Beds, sofa beds and cots
- White goods
- Flat pack or disassembled furniture
- Office furniture
If you have large items to donate, please give our team a call on 01707 382500 to check if we will be able to accept them.